Can you help me with this...?

I love my family (relatives) but I am the type that would rather be with my immediate family (My dh and kids) that is all. I enjoy our time together.
The other day I had a call from one of my cousins saying they were in town they had left a message on my phone. I did not get back to them because I really don't feel like having company. ( I don't care for company). I know that sounds strange but I just want my family only, I can see if I felt like this once in a while but I don't it is always. I really don't care as long as I hear through the grape vine they are doing fine that is ok with me. Now I have another cousin calling me to see if I spoke to the first one that called me, and now I have two call backs to do. I feel the longer I wait they will think I don't want to see them which is how I really feel. What should I do??? :]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Well, they are family. You should just suck it up and see them. You might not want to, but its not all the time and they want to know how you are doing. If you don't want to have them at your house, meet somewhere else. You kind of owe it to them, I mean... they're your family and they love you. When they leave you can go back to having your family to yourself. You might regret it later if you don't see them now.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• meet them out or visit with them at another relatives house.
    Anonymous

• That is just it I don't want to meet with them just a phone call HI - BYE that is it.
    Anonymous

• To be honest, I would feel awful if one of my cousins was "dodging" me. If it is really all the time that you feel like this, and assuming your family is a pretty good typical family that is there for you and interested in how you are and if things are going good for you, I don't think its normal to feel like that constantly.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well I am the opposite I am a family person, and I know what it is like to to not feeling like being bothered but family is important. I have a son 5mos and well in the past 5 yrs we have lost several relatives that my son will never know. Family is important because if you don't know where you have come from you don't know where you are going. Furthermore you never know when you might need them and saying hello once in awhile is not that hard to do.
    persistence5

Answer by persistence5 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2008