Does anyone else see the humor in this??? Democrats ask Koch Brothers for Campaign Donations....

Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) sent Kochs and letter asking for 5 figure donation to the DSCC and even followed up with a call inviting them to their par-tay this summer....

Koch Brothers replied with this:

Senator Patty Murray, Chair
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

Dear Senator Murray:

For many months now, your colleagues in the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee leadership have engaged in a series of disparagements and ad hominem attacks about us, apparently as part of a concerted political and fundraising strategy. Just recently, Senator Reid wrote in a DSCC fundraising letter that Republicans are trying to “force through their extreme agenda faster than you can say ‘Koch Brothers.’”

So you can imagine my chagrin when I got a letter from you on June 17 asking us to make five-figure contributions to the DSCC. You followed that up with a voicemail* indicating that, if we contributed heavily enough, we would garner an invitation to join you and other Democratic leaders at a retreat in Kiawah Island this September.

I’m hoping you can help me understand the intent of your request because it’s hard not to conclude that DSCC politics have become so cynical that you actually expect people whom you routinely denounce to give DSCC money.

It is troubling that private citizens taking part in the discourse have become the targets of White House and DSCC fundraising missives, and we would certainly encourage you to rethink that approach. Ultimately, I expect voters will see through that and will weigh the issues on the merits alone. But in the meantime, if you could provide me some insight on what exactly you are asking of us and why, I would be most grateful.

Sincerely,
Philip Ellender
President, Government & Public Affairs
Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• sidesplittinglaughterYes that is rich

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• OMG THAT is FUNNY.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Politicians are whores...they'll take money from anyone.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It's both hysterically funny and pathetic at the same time! Do they really believe they can demonize someone and then ask for and expect a LARGE donation, after all, they'll get invited to a party.

rolling on floor

DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• That's just nuts, I wonder how long it will take to get a response? lol...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• That would be just as funny as Conservative Republicans asking George Soros for some financial donations.Right???
    Isn't politics funny? :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• That would be just as funny as Conservative Republicans asking George Soros for some financial donations.Right??? Isn't politics funny? :-)

If this were a game of "what if's" and if a good portion of republican politicians spoke out against soros~ it might be funny... But in REALITY, Democrats asking Koch Bro's for donations after Democratic politicians publicly set target on the Koch brothers is effin hilarious....

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Seems like a fake letter.
    SpeakFreely

Answer by SpeakFreely at 8:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2011