How would you take this news? adult content

My mom went out one night with her sisters. Well they all got into a fight and one of my aunts and my mom came to my house drunk. My mom told me that she is sleeping with someone at her work because my step dad can't get it up and wont go to a doctor. She said Angel I don't know what else to do cause he refuses to go to the doctor, the pills hes on is not helping either, and hes tried the viagra and everything. He wont even try to please me. She said he hasnt touched her in 2 years. She was acting like a young teenager. They were texting back and forth. I had made the mistake and read one when she was chargin her phone in my house. It was something I really didnt want to read. I told her that thats just part of marriage and they have to talk about it. I just feel dicusted cause the told me and i never thought she would do that. My mom and step dad have been together for 25 years. I cant get it out of my head. And whats sad is that my step dad does alot for her. I don't want to say anything cause its not my place but I just dont know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• yeah this is a tough situation to be in. i think that you should sit down and talk to her about it and tell her your thoughts and how it's affecting you by what she is doing to him. i would also tell her that your comfort level is not that high and in the future keep this to herself. And if she can't then maybe some distance needs to be placed between you two.. i am sorry that this is happening to you.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Your mom has turned into a trash bag.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Oh wow, I'm sorry that your mom put you in this tough spot. Have you tried to seriously sit her down and tell her that she needs to stop with the cheating and talk to her husband??
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Oh no, I'm sorry. Lack of sex in a marriage is no excuse for cheating. That's crazy. If that were my mom, I might be tempted to say:

"You are not behaving within the boundaries of your marriage and there is no good excuse for lies and cheating. I cannot have knowledge of this type of deceipt and be okay with it. You must stop the affair of come clean."

For all we know he can't get it up for his wife because he can tell that she does not love him. And she absolutely does not if she is cheating.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Honestly, I would try to stay out of it. Be a daughter to both, but leave the marriage issues to them even though she is in the wrong. Sometimes people are better parents than they are spouses.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am a firm believer in not cheating. There is no excuse even all the ones that you mentioned. I don't care if i've been with my husband for 100 years, if he is having feelings of other women then leave me don't cheat on me. And what the hell is your mother going to you for with this nonsense. you are the daughter, she takes care of you not the other way around. She should have not put you in that position..period! You tell her to handle her own business and extra-martial affairs herself.
    YellowBaby

Answer by YellowBaby at 7:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• oh no!!! That was not fair of your hubby!!! Your mom did put you in a really awkward situation!!! I think you need to sit down with her first and talk to her seriously and if she refuses to speak to him advise her that you may not be able to do the same! I mean it could also jeopardize the relationship you have with your SF. I do also feel sorry for your mother who may have been put into a situation to where she felt like she had no other choice! :(
    kelli.mccarty

Answer by kelli.mccarty at 7:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My mother and I are very open so my Mom would have told me this drunk or sober. Every mother/daughter relationship is different. If your Mom has never told you things like this before maybe she said it bc she was drunk. i would try talking to her about it sober and see how she reacts. I would tell her that cheating is wrong and you dont appreciate how she is treating your stepdad. Suggest counseling or a sex therapist so they can work on their sexual relationship without you having to know!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have tried to talk to her. What makes matters worse is i told my husband and he thinks that i am going to be like her. I dont know if he was joking or not but it hurt.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• ooops or, not of
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011