Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Have you ever heard of Penn Foster (online High school diploma)??

I never got to finish my high school education (had a baby at 17 and had no one to help with her). Im now 27 and really need to do something with my life. I need to be able to do it at home which will save me money in childcare and gas etc...So have you or anyone you know did the online high school diploma thing? Im nervous to give my money to someone who i dont know is actually going to give me a legit high school diploma so i can better my life for me, husband and kids. Any positive advice is welcome...Thanks so much !
Also i didnt know which category to put it so i put it as Home and Garden, since i would be doing the online thing at "home"

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in

Answers (5)
  • O.k. I did research on this and what it is,is u study for it online and when u r ready,u go some place like a college to take the tests for the diploma!

    Answer by dancer at 7:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • I just got off of the phone with a lady, you do it from the comfort of your home and take the tests online..thats what she told me

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • It is a for profit school, and their high school diplomas are not accepted at college and universities - only THEIR school AND because they are an online FOR PROFIT school, most potential employers will not accept them either.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • Check out your local colleges for classes to prep for the GED. In a lot of places, the classes are free. You just have to pay for the test. You may want to check out your state government page as well for more information.

    You can NOT receive your GED online. Only prepare for it.

    Answer by Christine0813 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

  • Twinsplus2more- They actually do accept the Penn Foster Diplomas at about 160 colleges around the US...The lady i spoke with told me that all i have to do is ask the college of my choice if they will accept it. Its on their website..ive looked at it

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.