Breast and formula fed..

My son is breast an formula fed.. im wondering is it normal for them to have little tiny poops? hes only 2 weeks old weve never done both at the same time so its kinda new to us..

any advice with this would be helpful :) thanks!

akalei

Asked by akalei at 7:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are they hard and look like little pebbles? Was he straining? Or is it just small amounts of the 'normal' soft newborn poop?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• its just normal soft newborn poops. i just dont remember our first son with these little poops =/ he always had explosions that always flew outta the diaper
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Seemed like on the formula mine had a lot of little poops to start normal but smaller. But he was 3 months old for that so I'm not as helpful but it does seem like pooping slows down just a bit and becomes a bit more solid in the sense that it's not complete liquid with little chunks(my son's poop was never totally normal but I have changed a lot of babies).
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 7:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think that can be normal for some infants. DD was all breast and she had little small poops all day long! I swear she pooped more than she peed. That girl went through more diapers and it was no more than a quarter sized one each time! Then about once a weeks he would totally blow up!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• thanks ladies!! :)
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011