Spongebob

Why on earth do they say idiot and moron on spongebob? Its a cartoon, has anyone else noticed this?

Princesaof1

Asked by Princesaof1 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes i am watching it right now with my kids and i have heard them say it at least once. I dont like my kids hearing this. I try to limit tv espically with foul language. I think who ever the creator of the script of Spongebob really needs to rethink the language they are using. My 2 yr old loves spongebob...and loves to watch him. Last thing i want is my 2 yr old saying idiot and moron !!!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think the original/older ones were a lot more free with dialogue, before they realized little ones were watching. The new episodes are a lot better, and more positive. Spongebob has been around for over 10 yrs!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes ive noticed this also..but havent really thought to much of it..
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yeah I was just watching it, and my dd ask me what moron meant?
    Princesaof1

Comment by Princesaof1 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Don't let my girls watch. When it comes on they run to me and ask to change the channel.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• my ds is 3.5yrs and loves spongbob. i dont recall hearing the charaters say those words, but my ds knows better than to say them because we correct him before it becomes a problem. and if a parent doesnt like what the child is watching.....change the channel!! thats why we are parents and they are children
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• spongebob is banned from my house since my kids watched the one where spongebob and patrick were spraying each other with some cleaner and my oldest thought it would be cute to sneek up and spray me in the face with lysol. so many of these cartoons are just sick, like adventure time, regular time, amazing world of gum something, and the one with the purple boy that cooks...geesh cant think but also on cartoon network
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Chowder ;)

I don't think they are any worse that the Looney Tunes that I grew up with - Road Runner, Taz, Bugs, Daffy, etc
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Besides the language, sponge bob is very graphic. Why do fish need boobs? The butts? The cross dressing?
    mamatel

Answer by mamatel at 10:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Never noticed but I don't care if my kids hear that language. They're just words. My kids watch all sorts of stuff. Spongebob is one of the few I enjoy watching with them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2011