Chances of pre-term labor with second baby?

My first baby was 6 weeks early. I was on bed rest two weeks prior. I am currently (at 18 weeks) restricted from work with this pregnancy since my blood pressure was high at my last visit and b/c of the last pregnancy. Has anyone ever had their second baby arrive on time or did they come early too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My first came 5 weeks and 2days early Because my water broke.
    My second came at 38weeks and 1day she took her time.
    Anonymous

• It depends on what the reason for the preterm labor was the first time around. I went into preterm labor with my son due to falling down on the street car... with my second I went into preterm labor due to being on my feet so much. My third was right on time, and this one, I've had no signs of preterm labor. If it's something you're very concerned about I'd talk to your doctor about it... but if it's not something that's a chronic issue, you'd have no more chance of delivering early than any other woman would.
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 11:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008