Odd question about hunger...

This may seem dumb to many but how do you feel throughout the day when you are hungry?
I rarely feel physically hungry. Most of the time I feel sick. Nausea & headache. I'll feel better if I eat something. I guess this isn't normal? I've been like this my whole life. My grandmother thinks its a sign of diabetes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• usually for me if I get to the point where I feel sick to my stomach is cuz I've waited waaaaaaaaay too long to eat something. how long do you go between meals? try eating smaller meals throughout the day if you can. this should help with the hunger pangs. snack on fruits/veggies, cheese, or something else that isn't junk food. foods with protein and fiber hold you over longer. also if you don't already do it, drink more water.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 7:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't eat at scheduled times throughout the day. Sometimes I'm actually hungry first thing in the morning. Sometimes I don't eat til 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I try not eating unless I feel like I need to. My appetite has always been way off as well as my hormones. Sometimes I eat alot while on my pd and sometimes I throw up every day til it's over. I feel like I'm way off track and don't know my body anymore!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't think there is any link to diabetes. When I've gone too long without eating I get real bitchy and short tempered. I can also get dizzy and shaky. I would go see the doc about it though. My sister has some kind of problem where she never gets "hungry" signals so can go 24+ hours without eating.

Try making set times for when you eat, whether you feel hungry or not. It may help you out more than you think.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011