COUGH COUGH FRICKIN COUGH!

Please help me, I'm going out of my mind! Last night I didn't get any sleep at all, because of a tickly annoying cough, I've got throat sweets, I've got Buttercup Medicine, and still when I lay down, or even prop myself up with cushions, I choke! The time is now 00:22, I'm tired and very cranky. Pls help! How can I ease this tickly cough?? I need some sleep!!!

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 7:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• I swear you're going to think I'm nuts, but I was desperate one night just like you so I was reading online about home remedies. One of them was to put Vick's Vaporub on the bottom of your feet and then put socks on and you'll stop coughing. I thought it was crazy but I was ready to try anything at that point so I did it. It worked! Or anyway I stopped coughing, lol. Maybe by then I was so exhausted that I would've fallen asleep anyway, but it's worth a try! Good luck!
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• try sucking on some ice to freeze your throat.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 7:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Tea with honey. Hope you are feeling better.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Thanks ladies, just tired and feeling sorry for myself, I'm fine now that I'm sat up, but if I try to lay in bed I cough, then when I start I cannot stop! Poor DH had to sleep on the sofa last night, think it's were I'm staying tonight :(
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011