OMG. I am so rusty.

Okay so I am 26 years old and  I have not been on a date in a little over 4 years. I have not gone out with someone since I left my ex boyfriend, the father of my child. I have not heard from him since we broke up. My son was 2.

I just couldn't be one of those moms who leaves her kid with a babysitter while they go out partying or going after new guy after new guy. Instead I went to school and got a good job and raised my son alone. We could not be happier. I come from a close family and my mother likes to have him some weekends while I have alone time at home. All I do is watch movies and relax.

I have lost a lot of weight since I left my old boyfriend and I still dress like a fat girl Sue me. I only dress nice for work since it's an office setting. I got asked out by this handsome guy who works in the same office building. He's about 10 years older than me. We decided to go to a nice restaurant.

I am so rusty. I have no idea how to date, how to act or anything. I am extremely nervous and I am thinking of backing out. I don't know how to be happy in love. I have been on my own for a long time and I liked it that way. I have been asked out numerous times but I always made an excuse. To tell you the truth I have always had a crush on this older gentleman but I never thought he would like me. I'm an assistant to someone who is roughly his age and I thought he would think of me as some kid.

Okay now that I'm typing this I'm thinking about just going. I do want to go out with him but I guess I'm just scared.

Anyone have any dating advice or a few pointers? thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Go for it mama! You deserve to have some fun! And have some questions ready for those awkward silences... Like....

What would you do if you won 1 Million Dollars?

What's the scariest thing you've ever done?

If you could go ANYWHERE at right this second, where would you go?

Good luck and keep us updated!!
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 7:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• That should be fun! Just be honest with yourself. Don't pretend with him or anything and be comfortable. Most importantly be yourself. Something I usually forget to do that I hate cuz it comes off so rude but I'm not trying to be is I forget to ask the same question back when it relates. For example, How are you? How long have you been working at your job? How many brothers and sisters do you have? All those questions you can immediately ask back...so when he asks you something see if you can ask it back to him.

Good luck
    YellowBaby

Answer by YellowBaby at 7:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When I read you post, I thought you sounded like a very smart and confident woman. At a young age, you took responsibility for the direction your life took and made something for yourself and your child. If you can handle all that then you can handle one date! He may or may not be your soulmate, so just enjoy it for what it is: dinner with an attractive male and a grown-up night out. If it's meant to be, things will all fall into place. And if not, then just consider it good practice!!
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I say go have fun! dont backout if you really like him!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Calm down and just be yourself. Go out and take it slow. Do not sleep with him for at least a month. See where it goes. Could be the start of a beautiful relationship. Get a nice outfit that looks good and go for it.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 2:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2011