I'm confused :(

What does it mean when your cervix is 4.78 cm long at 36 weeks? I had an ultrasound and they said my cervix was 4.78 cm long. What does that mean? Does any one know? Is that good or bad? I'm confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think it means it hasn't really effaced yet. As your body prepares to go into labor, the cervix thins out and sort of 'retracts'. Since it's 4.78 cm long, I think that means that process hasn't happened yet. Which is fine, since you're only 37 weeks.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Typically the length of your cervix is measured if you are at risk for preterm labor. Since you are 37weeks, you obviously aren't. It might have just been an observation, don't put much thought into it. Your almost there mama!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When you fully efface your cervix shortens, so if they are saying it's still long you probably havent effaced. You will don't worry:-)

I'm a Blogger:-)
    FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011