What would you do??

My hubby's daughter told him that shes scared of her mom's bf but she wouldn't tell him why. I tried to sit down with her and play and see if she would tell me why she's scared, but she wouldn't say. We talked to the ex wife and she says she's just making stuff up again. We're currently trying to get full custody (he wasn't able to before we married because his job has him working anywhere between 80 to 100 hrs a week) but we're concerned in the meantime about her safetly and well being with her mom and her bf if she's feeling that way about the bf. What would y'all do? Do any of y'all know if we can legally remove her from the home or if we can have her stay with her grandparents while we go through the custody stuff? We don't want her to end up in foster care during the custody proceedings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can request her BF not to be around the child. If the mother does not comply then you will have more leverage against her. She would not be putting her childs need before hers own.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'm not sure if there is anything y'all can do if she won't say exactly WHY she's afraid of the boyfriend.

Maybe call the cops and ask them to do a welfare check on her? They will go to the house and not leave until they enter the home and check on the living conditions.

I used to be a mandated reporter so I got some training on how to recognize signs of abuse, mostly sexual abuse. PM me if you have more concerns/questions.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well I;m not sure how old she is, but this sometimes helps, get a barbie and a ken doll and a little girl whats her name, kelly doll ok, i think the best way for her to express herself is to role play with the dolls...while you are playing with her you can say something to the effect of Barbie is your mommy. kelly is you, and ken is the boyfriend, and then ask very casually why does he scare you, show me.... and go from there, there could be a situation in the house were he simply yells at the mother and they may scare her......is she shows signs of abuse with the dolls then take the next step and contact cps. or the police please keep us posted Good luck and God Bless
    MAFIAMAMI

Answer by MAFIAMAMI at 10:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• At any age you can explain to her that no one is allowed her hurt her or touch her private areas. And if anyone does hurt her she needs to tell daddy right away.
    mamatel

Answer by mamatel at 10:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011