Router

i bought a router that came with a paper that had the ssid and the password to use to set it up, unfortunately i lost it. is there a way i can find the password. and then later change the ssid and password to my own??

lilshortie415

Asked by lilshortie415 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Technology

• You might have to reset the entire thing. Look up on their website, for the master reset.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Is there any information on the back of the router?
    Anonymous

• oh boy, hmm I bought my router years back and forgot the password info, luckily I havent had to use it but I would try to contact the company and ask them what you can do
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You should be able to go to your router with a numeric IP while plugged in. You can look up the IP address for your brand of router by looking it up online.

If you reset the factory settings on your router (there should be a physical button to press on the router), you can change the passwords from the default by the control panel you reach with the numeric IP address.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would call the company as well.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 11:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If you have it already set up on the computer there are ways you can go to the computer and change it (i've had to do this before)
    If its not set up you have to do a reset. The company can help you with this but if its a Belkin product I suggest looking online because I have yet to be able to understand anyone who works for their tech support. They also have a hard time understanding what I'm saying.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would call the company!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'd call the company too.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2011