Induction pressure points

If you used pressure points to try to jump start your labor did it work? How long did it take before you felt anything?

kyuteangl88

Asked by kyuteangl88 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• never done that but when a friend of mine and I were pregnant, due close to the same time, her husband took us on a bumpy back road. we tried so hard to have our daughters at the same time. ended up being a week apart though i had to be induced cause of blood pressure problems.

mineral oil cause pre term labor. my dr prescribed that with my first cause he was concerned with how big he was and didnt want to induce me with the iv meds at that point. I did have contractions after 3 days of mineral oil. i would ask your doctor first
    Anonymous

• i've heard that massaging the big toe will start labor - which is why one needs to be careful about their footrubs while pregnant. totaly forgot when i had my dd and we were a week late lol
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 8:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My chiro did it to me twice, multiple spots, and it got things started (contractions 5 minutes apart for a week) but it took pitocin to get me any farther. And I was overdue, knew exactly when I conceived so I knew for sure how many weeks I was.
    Anonymous

• With my first I was overdue but never knew exactly how far along I was. I had a pregnancy massage and she did the pressure points around my feet. 2 days later I had my baby.
    mamatel

Answer by mamatel at 10:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No success for inducing, just for moms already in labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2011