Lactation cookies

what recipes do you have and do they really work?

mommy2bee12-27

Asked by mommy2bee12-27 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I never heard of cookies... I just took fenugeek capsules...I suppose you could make cookies with that or other herbs... hmmm... I would imagine you would have to eat A LOT of them for it to work well...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I looked them up and the only thing I found was they had flax seed and brewers yeast in them... The 'dose' was 4 cookies a day on average... seems like a lot of added fat and sugars(the recipes I read all had quite a bit of butter, chocolate chips and brown and white sugar) to me but I suppose it could work...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Non alcoholic beer has the yeast, or regular beer if u were careful. Alsp oatmeal is a galactogog that helps boost ur supply. Most importantly, stay hydrated! Nurse often as well. Breastmilk is all about supply and demand.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2011