am i being to mean

me and mt boyfriend live togather and have for almost a year. were both 18 and im due in 29 days with our frist son. he works monday - friday and on the weekend every weekend that i can remeber his newphews have stay the whole weekend there 9 and 6. i dont mind them staying the weekend ( there dad is in jail) the problem is they dont listen to me at all. i'll tell them to pick up there toys or plates and they look at me like im stupid and tell me to do it my self. & some times i just want to spend time with him while we have the chance to b4 the baby gets here. ieve told my bf about the kids but he dont really listen to me . what can i say or do to get him to listen or help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• What you need to do is sit him down ASAP!!! explain to him that once the baby comes you will be spending more time with the baby than with him and that you want to spend ALONE time with him. I am a mother of four and I know how hard it is to get alone time with the BF/Husband. I suggest that you talk to their mom/caretaker if possible and explain to her as well...If she is understanding which I hope that she is, she should keep them home for the weekends and bring them by maybe one night if she really needs that break. Also tell the boys that if they don't start listening to you that they will no longer be welcome in your home...If that doesn't do the job tell their mom that you love the kids but since they do not behave in your house that they can not come back over until they learn to respect you!...Good luck
    AnaBaumgartner

Answer by AnaBaumgartner at 10:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I completely understand where you are comming from. When i was pregnant I wanted to be with my boyfriend as much I could before our daughter came. However, your boyfriend should listen to you. I would explode haha. exspecially if you pregnant use that as an excuse to make him listen to you. yell, cry. do what girls do best. haha. No kids should be disrespectful to any adults. I would talk with there parent and explain that if they dont change then you possibly cant handle them.
    madreat20

Answer by madreat20 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my bf also adores having his nephews over, (12+7) and they too well get to me. Luckily we take them alot less now than we did when we first got together, but things will ge trbetter once the baby comes, he will want to be with his son or daughter more and more... no worries!
    ataxiachic88

Answer by ataxiachic88 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Sounds like my BIL. He is an 8 yo terror. MIL leaves him over here all the time. She doesn't really have rules for him, and lets him do whatever he wants. When we first started taking care of him, he wouldn't listen, would break things, you name it he did it. I started disciplining him just like I would any kid I babysat. I am now the only person the kid will really listen to. He has told DH and his family many times he doesn't like me because I am mean, and have too many rules. You just have to show that you aren't a doormat and won't let them walk all over you. Your house, your rules.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2008