Do you get many phone calls anymore?

I don’t think it’s just me. Sure, teenagers gave up the phone call eons ago. But I’m a long way away from my teenage years, back when the key rite of passage was getting a phone in your bedroom or (cue Molly Ringwald gasp) a line of your own.

In the last five years, full-fledged adults have seemingly given up the telephone — land line, mobile, voice mail and all. According to Nielsen Media, even on cellphones, voice spending has been trending downward, with text spending expected to surpass it within three years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/20/fashion/20Cultural.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all?src=ISMR_HP_LO_MST_FB

tasches

Asked by tasches at 8:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Technology

• I talk to my family on a landline phone every week. I don't own a cell phone, nor do I text. ...And no, I'm not old. Still in my 20's.
    Anonymous

• I prefer talking to texting for many things. Nothing bugs me more than to try and text my kids when I could get an answer in less than 30 seconds talking to them, but I have to send 50 texts to get the information I need.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I love my cell I do both texting and calling on it I never touch the land line.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We have land line and no cell phones.Big Grin

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes, We have a land line, and that is mostly what I use unless im out and about.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't text. I get a fair number of calls, but things that used to involve a phone call are now email/automated.

For example, we used to get calls when our books arrived at the library; now an email.
    Prayer chain or school/class phone trees used to be the norm; now it's email.

But we DO get an oddly enormous # of calls from the school/school system. They got an automated caller and they frankly abuse it.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No, I don't really talk on the phone anymore.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 11:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't like talking on the phone and everyone knows this. They only call if they have to have a long answer or conversation with me.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I talk to df on the phone everyday since he is in another country right now. Other then that the only phone calls I get are for appointments.. Most every one texts me.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I still get lots of fund raising and political calls, lol.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2011