What are your thoughts?...

i dont get it i want to EBF and cant do to the fact that i have IGT but there are many women that can EBF just fine and dot want to or choose not to do it for very long. i dont get it its really upsetting me and wraking my brain? im really hurt that i cant EBF i feel like i have a member of the family and when my friends give up or choose not to do it for long it makes me so angery. how would you feel?

mommy2bee12-27

Asked by mommy2bee12-27 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Other people don't necessarily want what you want. Get over it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I wound up with one cracked and bleeding nipple from breastfeeding. I was about to just give up at about 2 months when my baby changed something about nursing. That was 4 years ago and that same nipple is STILL sore and painful if I lay on my stomach for too long.

I see both sides of this argument.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i couldn't care less....i ebf, my sister doesn't (by choice). it isn't anything i lose sleep over.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't really care. I know some women who just find it too hard for them to do. In those cases I recommend them to stop EBFing. It's not worth it. What is IGT? I was upset when I couldn't pump for my second and I got over it. She was getting mostly breastmilk and formula when I had to leave her home. It was no big deal really.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't pay attention to how other women feed their kids. I chose to formula feed all 5 of my kids. Breastfeeding is NOT for me. I probably would have killed myself if I had been forced to breastfeed. I HATED it that much. It was a horrible experience when I tried. I dreaded every time the baby fussed and would cry and get sick to my stomach at the thought of nursing her. It was not a fun thing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I can relate! I do care I have the same problem and went to hell and back with both kids trying to BF. My SIL can EBF but chooses not too. I think that most of our anger comes from jealousy! The thought of my child eating from a cow disgusts me! But don't beat yourself up if you are unable to BF and have to bottle feed!!! Your baby will still be just a amazing as one who was EBF!!
    kelli.mccarty

Answer by kelli.mccarty at 12:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• well im glad atleast one of you can relate not just be rude about your answer and thats how it is they just choose to quite for no reason and its not so much jealousy as much as it is hurt and not understanding like how woman that dont want kids can be highly furtal and the ones who want kids so bad cant have kids and try so hard thats how i feel just how god has the reasons for this.
    mommy2bee12-27

Comment by mommy2bee12-27 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2011