School or baby?

So I have a baby boy...and I'm a senior and school starts in aug. I don't kno if I should go finish school or stay home with my baby boy...I don't kno if I have anyone to watch him and I don't kno if I can leave him...I'm so attached to him...I would rather stay home with him then to go out...I really wanna finish becuz I kno its the right thing to do...but I dont kno if I could do it...its gonna be hard to watch my son and do school work...I would rather no go instead of drop out after a month or two...wut should I do???

YASMEENA19

Asked by YASMEENA19 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in

• Many states have started to create online high schools. If they don't have that, they might still have Independent Study programs where you only have to go for about 1-2 hours a week to turn in assignments and pick up new ones. I did Independent Study for my Senior year because I needed to work. I completed my Senior year in 10 weeks even while working 30 hours a week. You NEED to finish school to provide a good future for you and your son. Talk to a school counselor to see if these alternatives exist in your state. Best of luck.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You have to finish school. The world is so hard without a diploma, even GED's aren't really cutting it anymore.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 8:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Call your local health dept and see if they have somewhere that helps with child care for people who go to school I know in our town it is called CCMS, and as long as you are a full time student they will pay for childcare for you!!!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 8:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You need to finish school and get an education - it will benefit you and your child.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Talk to your school about an online program- most school districts have one. A home school program thought he county. Of course you would have to be VERY motivated to make this work for you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• finish school if you want a better life your you and your son.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You love your child. For his sake, finish school.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I kno it is the right thing to finish...but there is problems to that..I have no one to watch him and I kno I'm going to struggle to finish with all the school work and my son...
    YASMEENA19

Comment by YASMEENA19 (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• thanks skylareneemom i will look into that
    and thanks but_mommie i will look into that too hopefully one of these is the solution to my problems
    YASMEENA19

Comment by YASMEENA19 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• BTW, I would look in to doubling up on credits to graduate a semester early. Most seniors are only a couple of credits short at the halfway mark, so instead of a study hall, you could take another English class or whatever you need. I did this and my husband did, also. I was short two English credits, so I took three in one semester. Speech, interpersonal communications, and American literature. My husband was only short an English class and a PE credit.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011