I feel like crap lately!

I feel like I don't know what I am doing with my life. I sort of regret getting married at 17 and planning my son and having him at 18 1/2. Don't get me wrong I love him and my husband with all of my heart but I never got to be a kid. I was pretty much forced to grow up. When I was 14 my mom moved away to live with a guy and if my husband and his family hadn't taken me in I wouldn't have had a place to live. We started dating when I was 13 and he is the only person I have ever been with. I just feel like I haven't had a chance to discover myself. What should I do or should I just forget about all of these feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it's natural to feel that way since you married so young. You should have a girls night out once a week with your friends and go to parties with your husband in order to get some of that back. It's understandable that you feel this way.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It's taboo honey. I married at 17 had a baby at 18 and trust me...It is just taboo. Your really not missing out on anything, I promise.
    Anonymous

• Dr. Phil (I"m a fan) always says "you can make the right decision, or you can make the decision right). It is very hard to plan your life and have it work out perfectly. I, personally, have never seen it done. Sometimes the most beautiful lives are strewn with mistakes that turn out to be blessings. Make the best of what you have. I bet there are a million girls who wish they had what you have. Protect your son, and give HIM the best life YOU can. Take care of yourself, but don't be selfish when it comes to your son. Try to give him both parents. Good luck!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am not wanting to get drunk or high or even party. What I mean is that I am a stay at home mom and no career or life besides my son 24/7. I just want to get rid of all this responsibility and chase some dreams!
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is your son or your husband, I'm assuming you couldn't see your life without them...I think its just that they are your identity...you don't have a "you" you have a "family". if that makes any sense anyway. I don't think it has anything to do with needing to go out and party or have sex...but you've got to get a hobby, some friends, an activity that you leave the house and do every week with people you've got something in common with. Sounds like the four walls are closing in on you.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I agree with the other poster kabbot01 you need to find something YOU enjoy. This may take trial and error too, at least it did for me, thought I liked to paint, Um.... Nope!!! Thought id like to run, definite no!! But, I do love scrapbooking with the girls so that is my once a month get away until the wee hours of the morning.Take your time in finding what you truly enjoy. I also made a list of things about me that I knew and things people said they liked about me, that was difficult to do, but was an eye opener. I only write so much because, I was 16 when I had my son and am now 35 and only in the last 2 years have I figured out who I am apart from my kids and my hubby. We have 7 total. I know!!!!! Crazy.
    racefan88

Answer by racefan88 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• There's NOTHING wrong with chasing your dreams. Getting an education. Doing something more. In fact, I do believe it's the responsible thing to do. Husbands can leave or die. Women MUST be able to care for themselves and their children WITHOUT a man.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Have you thought about going to school or taking a night class? Think of something you've always been interested in and find a night class at your local community college or even an online class. I know that going to college opened up a whole world to me that I never knew existed. You get to be around people your age who enjoy the same things you do and no, it doesn't have to be about partying.
    Anonymous