Birth control options

I've been weighing the options again because we haven't had much luck with anything. We're ttc right now but I've got to figure out something for afterward and I'm one of those people who likes to research things to death so I figured I'd see what you ladies think might be the best option.
The pill was REALLY bad for me I had horrible mood swings(I beat my husband with my purse because he asked a stupid question) on it and migraines for days. We tried the mini pill and I still had the migraines and I had three periods in one month. We've tried condoms and they never seem to fit quite right and he says they kill the sensation(I agree but I can live with it). I'm prone to allergies to products so spermacides scare me after that chemical burn from the lube that one time. I'm not really comfortable with the idea of an IUD,I don't know why I'm just not and I'm too irregular a sleep schedule for NFP. Oh and I'm not planning on EBFeeding.

So what does this leave?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 8:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• i suppose that would leave depo but alot of people don't like that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• So I'm guessing the choices left are abstinence and having another baby?
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Hormones really aren't my friend so depo is a no go.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• honestly if you can use hormones the best bet is an IUD, or the Nuva ring. Although the Nuva ring does have a very small amount of hormones, it's usually easier tolerated
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The implant, perhaps? It's the most effective, second to abstinence. I've never had it, but I was trying to think of what was left for you. Personally, I have the copper IUD (Paragard). No hormones to make me crazy and/or just not feel like myself and no maintenance. It lasts 10 years and the only bad side effect is increased cramping and bleeding during my period and more spotting between periods. But I never had a bad periods to begin with, so I'm probably just more like a normal person now.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Nuva ring was what I was on when I went crazy. I've also tried Yaz and that ended with me throwing a chair at my brother.

The copper IUD is an idea.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• no, your husband could get a vasectomy after your baby is born.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We're not done yet but I have c-sections so some time between pregnancies is best.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Me and my hubby use NFP. I have no idea what your sleep schedule has to do with NFP. Your smart not to trust IUDs they are not safe and hormones are not good for anyone. You can still get pregnant with all BC with an IUD it will mostly end in a late term miscarriage, it can go through the wall of your uterus, can cause cysts, PID...to many risks.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't wake up the same each morning and the one I looked in to was Sympto-thermal, the idea of spending alot of money on ovulation tests seems a little impractical and I never seem to have EWCM but seem to get pregnant anyway.
    I've been using Billings to try and get pregnant so I'm not sure I trust it to try not to get pregnant because it's had limited success.

My Grandparents had great success with rhythm. Does anybody still do that?
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011