What side should I make with Chicken with Mango Chutney?

I bought this fresh Mango Chutney at a Farmers Market, I am grilling chicken breast and am going to top it with the chutney. I have steamed white rice already. What else should I do to balance my meal. I have corn on the cob, fresh zucchini, canned beans, frozen peas, or maybe a side salad? What would you want?

Pamarita

Asked by Pamarita at 8:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i would want the corn....you can grill that too. rub it with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and wrap it up in tin foil. put it on the grill for about 20 min. turning it now and then. turns out great!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would have done a saffron rice and asparagus... but zucchini would be good. I like zucchini!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• side salad sounds good!
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My first choice would be grilled asparagus with that, but of the things you have, I would go with a nice side salad.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'd go for the salad. If you had cucumbers, you could make a cucumber salad with yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, and mint, to keep with an Indian theme.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• my initial thought was green beans and rice. However the side salad and corn would be lovely.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 8:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Peas would be my choice.
    Anonymous

• Def side salad - lots of veggies. Sounds like a nice meal - enjoy!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Asparagus or zucchini, because the green will pop on the plate. The side salad is always a good choice, but no reason why you couldn't have both. And I know you said you were making steamed rice, but I would probably make wild rice blend or jasmine rice or something with a little more punch to it. I try to avoid meals with Bland + Bland.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2011