Tips on homeschooling

I dont know if every state has the same rules but I wanna home school my daughter (Florida).
I read that I need to keep a portfolio of what she made, assignments and such in case the superintendent wants to see it (and need to keep it for at least 2 years)
Any tips on how to best keep one?

Anyone ever had any problems while homeschooling with the state and/or such??

Anyone homeschooling in FL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am in Michigan, but I have mine kept in one of those accordion files with multiple dividers. I do it by subject and in chronological order (just put the newest stuff in the back each week when I file her schoolwork).

Also, I don't plan more than a week ahead so I can make the best use of current events and spend more or less time on lessons based on her ability.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I suggest checking out  HSLDA, Happy Homeschoolers and your state government page.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Check out the umbrella school, Florida Unschoolers. It's simple, free, and all you have to do is keep attendance.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would used a file cabniet. Then again, the file cabniet is my answer for everything. I swear I have a file for everything DH teases me about it.
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 11:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011