Possible mastitis and temp of 102.7

Do I go to the ER or try and fix it at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• it's not an emergency, so don't waste time at the ER. Call your doc or go to an urgent care.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My doctor isn't in. It's 8:53, and utter care is an hour away.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Urgent
    Anonymous

• I personally would try to fix it at home. Tylenol-nurse on demand- warm compresses-lots of fluids. If it was not better in a few days-got worse or there was puss or vomiting I would go in right away.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• you can try to lower the temp. with tylenol and then apply hot compresses to the breast until you can go to the dr. tomorrow. i don't think it's worth bathing in the germs of the er. when you can just go to your dr. tomorrow.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I actually went to the doctor when I THOUGHT I had mastitis. I breastfed from that breast and pump the other one. I also massaged the hell out of it LOL it hurt but it felt better (if that make any sense)
    Anonymous

• Well, I am currently not breastfeeding nor pumping because I am trying to wean along with a yeast infection on both sides. I have been throwing up, and felt like I have had the flu since last night. I haven't thrown up since around 11 this morning.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I wouldnt go to the ER. I would breastfed as much as I can from that breast to unclog the milk duct. Deep tissue massages work well too along with warm/hot showers
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 8:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Your doctor has an oncall staff, talk to them. Although they will probably tell you to go to the ER, with the vommitting I would go in the AM
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• oops just read your response above my previous. When I weaned I did it gradually from on demand to twice a day to once a day. I started using cabbage leaves as well to help with swelling. It was not painful at all nor did they leak its been almost a month since I breastfed. GL
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 8:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011