Do you warm a bottle in the microwave?

I know you're not supposed to but I just wondered if any of you ever warmed a bottle of formula up in the microwave We've been heating them in a pot of water on the stove but as ds eats more and more it takes ages to do. It's inconvenient especially in the middle of the night when he's screaming.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I heated my daughter's bottles in the microwave. I would heat for 10 seconds, shake it, 10 seconds, shake again, repeat until it felt warm on my cheek.
    lulugu

Answer by lulugu at 10:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• we just used warm water straight from the tap... at night i would bring up a little basket with bottles, and formula and get the water from the bathroom... a lot quicker!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I did but only a few times. I would put it in there for 15sec and shake then 15sec and shake then check it. But that was for a 6-8oz bottle. And only if it came straight from the fridge.
    Anonymous

• Microwave the water, then set the bottle in the hot water for a minute or two.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Only if it's been in the fridge. He usually takes his bottles @ room temp. and I'm afraid if it's real cold it'll hurt his tummy. So if it's been in the fridge I'll take the nipple off and heat up for like 20-30 seconds and shake it real good. It usually still cool but as long as it's nice ICE cold it doesn't have to be warm.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• not ICE cold..*****
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You're never supposed to heat formula in the microwave. The microwave heats unevenly and can create hot spots and burn the baby's mouth. So if you want to risk that happening, go ahead. But you really shouldn't.
    Anonymous

• My daughter gets her bottles at room temp. because if you look at it this way. When the baby is first born and in the hospital, they don't heat the bottles. However if we had the bottle in the fridge we would heat it up. Sometimes under hot water in the kitchen sink or once in awhile using the micowave. But normally she just drinks room temp bottles.
    madreat20

Answer by madreat20 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am against warming the bottle in the microwave because of hot spots. I warm my sons bottle up in his bottle warmer but if you don't have one just put the water in the bottles before you go to sleep and they are at warm temp and right for feeding when needed
    persistence5

Answer by persistence5 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I did with my 2nd and 3rd kids. I was just too busy and tired to wait. They never got burned or even flinched a little while drinking their bottles. This is how I did it..... First, find out the right time. No nipple or ring. Heat it for that long and shake it for at least 30 seconds. Shake it gently at first, then faster, then gently again. Make sure the liquid is evenly distributed. You can't just take it out of the microwave and feed it to your baby.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2008