Does any other DH play WOW?

My husband has been playing this game for about 3yrs now and Im beyond over it!! It takes up so much family time. Its not like he plays it just here and there NO he plays it for honestly 10+ hrs and thats on top of working from 0500-1800. I told him that if he didnt stop I didnt want to stay with him because it feels as if our lives are based around his game and who he has to get together with later that night to do some raid. Im beyond over it, any advice

dedicatedmama2

Asked by dedicatedmama2 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband plays on online computer game and sometimes the time he spends on it has bothered me, but we've been able to work it out to find a balance. He's a very involved dad and splits parenting and household work at least 50-50 and I know his games give him a chance to get the rest and enjoyment he needs. I look at it like any other hobby- it's good to have individual pursuits that make you happy, even in a marriage. And we've found a good schedule where I feel I have enough time by myself and we all have enough time for our family. Would you be just as upset if he spent the same amount of time doing another activity by himself, like working out, seeing friends, or volunteering? It sounds like the big problem is he's having a hard time coping and opening up to you guys. Maybe he's getting the relief and support from that through his game. If he won't talk with someone, that doesn't mean you can't.
    Emily357

Answer by Emily357 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Hub and I both play wow lol. Very seldom do we spend more than a few hours at a time on it though. Not an issue in my house, best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• have you asked him why he would rather play on the computer than spending time withyou and the kids? There could be unrest in your marriage that he decided to ignore you and the kids. Not saying it's your fault, not saying that at all. But usually stuff like this is the symptom of a bigger problem. Getting to the root of the problem will save your family. I really do hope things work out with you and hubby
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My brother plays that and your problem is very very common. That games very addicting people have actually died playing it, because they wouldn't eat sleep or go to the bathroom. He might need an addiction consular. JMO I'd tell him one last time whats going to happen if he doesn't stop playing ever free min, I'd follow through and them maybe he would get the hint. It's just a game, he's missing out on life sadly. Sorry I hope things get better for you.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No WOW in my house thank gooodness i would go crazy
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 9:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My husband doesn't play it but my uncle does. There has been a significant decline in his marriage because of it. I'm sorry you have to go through that, I'm sure it's frustrating!
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Its not even just me that he's not spending time with, its also our 2 children! He's all ready missed most of their lives because he's in the infantry and deploying often. I just cant imagine not paying attention to my babies like that. Thats what gets me
    dedicatedmama2

Comment by dedicatedmama2 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'm with Zaksymommy, both hub and I play, but if I want to do something else, I have but to ask.

Definitely sit down and chat with him. Turn the computer off if you must. People in game definitely shouldn't get more of your husband's time than you.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• There is something wrong, I know that. He suffers from ptsd and other issues and a bunch of his friends for work (most of whom he's deployed with) play it. He tells me that he doesnt want to become so attached to us because it makes it harder to leave. I call BS!!!! Because then he leaves and regrets not seeing our sons smile so much or hearing him laugh. Also our son has developmental problems too so I honestly feel that he just doesnt know how to handle that. I tell him to go talk to someone about his issues but he wont.
    dedicatedmama2

Comment by dedicatedmama2 (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Tell him to put his big boy pants on and put the games away because he has a family with kids that need him to spend some time with him. Tell him you didn't have the kids alone and that you will not tolerate his gaming any more than 2 hrs a day, after the kids have gone to bed. Family should come before any stupid game. My husband was addicted to the stupid Mafia Wars game. He now completely off of it because He was given a choice, computer and his cyberfriends or his real wife and kids. The choice was his. He made the right choice and there are no more computer games in our house whatsoever.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 1:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2011