How do you get your hands dirty?

I think this would be called a s/o question. I was reading and having a polite conversation with another mom about one moral topic. We are all against world hunger I assume. We are against child abuse and poverty as well I assume. Some are against abortion and/or the death penalty.

What action are you and your church (if you have one) taking to correct or stop anything you are morally opposed to?

vntNyll

Asked by vntNyll at 9:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I find people in general that I'm morally opposed to lol. Children these days have NO manners, are rude and people never take reponsibility for their own actions anymore, it's always someone elses fault or blame everything on bad luck. So i'm raising my kids better than that lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• On the subject of abortion, my moms group specifically and our church generally supports the local crisis pregnancy center. We take special donations throughout the year. We literally get our hands dirty by going over to clean the buildings. We put together and donate diaperbags full of supplies for moms. We donate new cribs and mattresses. We donate clothing, toys and equipment.

On the subject of world hunger our church is focusing on world thirst and the problem of clean water supplies. Many of us have made lifestyle changes to provide the saved money towards clean water projects. Several from our church will be going to Africa to help build family cisterns and village wells.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• the irony of your statement zakysmommy is uncanny.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I volunteer for a horse rescue group. We rehabilitate abused and neglected horses. We just seized over 30 horses yesterday and tomorrow I am going to help care for them along with two others in my care.
    I am opposed to people abusing animals simply b/c there is no law in this state that they can be arrested for.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I got an answer right for once?? WOOHOO lol. But seriously, there is alot wrong with the world.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I give a dollar here or there when I can to childrens causes. When my kids are older Ill volunteer more.

I dont try and change anything, I just try and teach my children to be good people and to help and be kind along their way in life.

I find that if you start with yourself and work outwards that works best for helping but nothing will take care of any issue permanently when there are so many for or against them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Oh that is correct zakysmommy.

I was getting ready to delete the question because I do not like the way it is worded but since you answered with such a good response I will keep it.
    vntNyll

Comment by vntNyll (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yes there is a lot wrong and children is a big problem. You got the answer perfect. But I am not sure there is a wrong answer LOL
    vntNyll

Comment by vntNyll (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't belong to a church, but I am pro-life and participate with my county's Right to Life foundation that helps counsel young women, operates a crisis pregnancy center, and helps link mothers to adoption services.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We support a local pregnancy care center, we have a food bank and a clothes closet. As far as stopping something that I'm morally opposed to...besides voting, nothing really.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2011