Is it ok if i let dad name newest baby after a football team???

SHE IS DUE IN LIKE SEVEN WEEKS AND THE NAME HE PICKED OUT IS ANGELA RAVEN IS THIS WEIRD??

4g4b

Asked by 4g4b at 9:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Baby Names

• both first names or first and middle?
    kelli.mccarty

Answer by kelli.mccarty at 9:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It is your child - you guys can name her what ever you want.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• FIRST AND MIDDLE
    4g4b

Comment by 4g4b (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• its cute raven is not bad at all if it were bear or colts or texans or something i would be upset but typically they ask the mom when she delivers even brought me the birth certificate on all my kids.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think it's a beautiful name, but you should also both be agreeing on a name. If you don't like the name he picked out, tell him. It's not just his baby. The same goes for you too though...if he doesn't like a name you picked out, it's not just your baby.

The easiest way is to make a list of names you like and go through the other person's list.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Raven is cute. There are some people who are famous named Raven. Could be worse, he could be an Eagles fan like my DH and want to name her Angela Eagle lol
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I thought the name was going to be something like "Bronco McNabb" but angela raven is a very cute name! Definitely not all-caps worthy:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• sorry did not realize the caps lock was on must have been the two year old he keeps pushing buttons and laughing:)
    4g4b

Comment by 4g4b (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't think it's weird. My dad saw my name on a car license plate. My mom named my sister and she let dad name me and that's where he got my name from. So he could have found the name in a weirder location :). I like the name he picked out. If you both agree, I don't see why not go for it.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If she was Angela Giants it would be one thing, but if you like the name Angela Raven, go for it! If I didn't know you and your hubby and saw the name, I wouldn't assume football influence (now if her name was Angela Cowboy on the other hand...).
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011