Do I look stupid?

My DH must think so. I found two phone chargers in my glove box. Here's the thing: the connections don't match any cell phones we had or have, and they're both to a different kind connection. I asked DH about them and he claims they were in there when he got his charger out on the way to work yesterday. He said he doesn't know where they came from and got defensive when I said "Well, I was just wondering if you did." He drives my vehicle, I don't. Last time I had went into the glove box, about four days ago, those weren't in there, just his. I have never seen them before, nor do I drive my vehicle (he drives it at least three times out of the work week). Am I really supposed to believe they appeared out of nowhere?! I can't keep pressing him about it because he has a temper from hell and will blow up over it, so I has to suck it up and drop it. It's just strange to me, and because of his defensiveness, I pretty much got my answer. Yet he continues to lie to my face.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• It would def make me question his loyalty
    Shawna510

Answer by Shawna510 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i have found stuff in dh's car that dont belong to either of us. they arent allowed to smoke on campus so co-workers ride with him to the park for a smoke break and leave stuff. some have left cigarettes, lost jewelry,. i told him to stop having them ride with him or make sure they take their stuff out cause when i clean out the cars, what i find is mine end of story. i would worry too much about phone charges, i dont know of anyone who would be like oh wait let me charge my phone while i (fill in the blank) to you. if you start find women's underwear or condoms used or otherwise then worry
    Anonymous

• Could a friend have stuffed them in there? I know my hubby and the guy he commutes with frequently leave stuff in each others cars.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No, I would suggest just acting as if it didn't happen and go on full scale detective until you know what is going on. Good Luck... :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think him getting defensive is definitely a clue that something is wrong. But if you are a patient person (I am not, so I would keep pressing the matter even though it might not be the best way), then give it a few days. If you think he is straying you will probably be able to pick up on some other clues that something is going on.
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The defensiveness over the actual chargers themselves is what would make me suspicious.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Since he claims he doesn't know where they came from and you know that you didn't put them in the glove compartment,throw them away. I would definitely be on the look-out for any other signs that might indicate that he's hiding something. My husband lies all the time; I don't think he knows fact from fiction anymore. He's lied about stupid things since we got married and 32 years later, he still does. He cheated on me for 3 years about 7 years ago. His guilt caught up with him; he had a heart attack and other health issues. I decided to forgive him, but I haven't forgotten. I have invested half my life to this relationship. However, he knows he was partially to blame for my complete breakdown over a year ago. He and my cousin (who is like a sister to me) saved my life. However, I try to stay one step ahead of him, and, at the same time, I don't believe everything he says. In fact, there really is no man I fully trust
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 10:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Thank you all. I asked him if it was any coworkers, he said no. I said fine, I'll throw them away since they're not anyone's. He hesitated then said, again, he doesn't know where they came from. He lies, a lot, and is proud of his "ability" to do so, so well. Little and big stuff, our whole relationship. He can't be trusted, but I still try. It kills me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• cut their cords then toss them. You might feel better too :D have him watch
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 12:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Why are you with this guy? There is no trust and he lies to you. I could not live like that. You must be able to trust what is coming out of your husband's mouth. If you can't, its over. And if he has an anger fit, I would head for the door. Its just a matter of time before he thinks he can slap you around a little. You can always hire a private investigator and have him followed for a while to get a status on what he does. Might come in handy for evidence in a divorce hearing.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 1:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2011