Has anyone had this problem?

My 8 year old son is a large boy it runs in the family but everytime i turn around he is eating his sisters left overs. He will eat his dinner before i am finished making all the other kids plates. Some times he will eat lunch and ask an hour later whats for lunch? Has me puzzled or he is just being a piggy

momand4kids

Asked by momand4kids at 9:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• One of the biggest indicators in my house that either of my kids is starting/about to start a growth spurt is that they eat everything in sight and are STILL hungry. A couple weeks ago my 4 year old daughter ate 2.5 PB&J sandwiches and an hour later was starving all over again. The size 6 clothes we just got also don't seem as big on her as they did a few weeks ago.

I would talk to his doctor though, some people don't have that "I'm full" trigger that tells them to stop eating, so they're always hungry.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• DS is 6 and the same way. I have no idea where he puts it all, but I am sure it is part of their male growth spurts. As they say - boys eat us out of house and home!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I took him to have blood work done they said everything came back normal. i am sometimes wondering if its because he is bored...he is my only boy
    momand4kids

Comment by momand4kids (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My kids are "drastically underweight" and can out eat everyone in the house. All kids grow differently. Unless they are dangerously overweight, don't worry.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Nooooooooo....lol....they talked you into the bloodwork. Doctor's are so "test" happy. I let them do the sweat test on my oldest, but when that came back fine, I quit listening to them.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The blood test was my idea LOL i had them every 6 months so they could NOT figure out whats wrong with me.
    I thought maybe his thyroid or something cause he is a big biy but has always been that way.. the dr got to the point where he said maintain his weight as he grows taller we cant find anything but even with taekwon do he is not losing my daughter dropped 15 pounds or more but not him!
    momand4kids

Comment by momand4kids (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have not boys. But I heard they can eat you out of house and home. Have you tried to feed him high fiber food. Might fill him up.

Answer by louise2 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2011