PANTENE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER

i was thinking about purchasing the Beautiful Lengths shampoo and conditioner, because i heard it was great for hair that is growing out. my hair is layered down to the back of my neck, and it is thin and oily.. i am afraid to buy it before i get some info on this brand.. my mother and sister had bad experiences with it.. they said it made their hair fall out, while others said it was the best brand ever...
so, my question is: has pantene made your hair any better, or worse??

nana

Asked by nana at 1:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I swear by it and have not used any other brand for about the last ten years.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I use the Pantene for color treated/damaged hair. I began using maybe 5 yrs ago and haven't used another brand since. I think it's great. Just because a product works for me doesn't mean it will work for you. Look in the sample bins and see if you find a small bottle so you can try it. I know they make them because I buy them for camping and traveling
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I have long hair & I can't remember the last time I used anything other than Pantene. Love it!!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 1:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I used to use Pantene and loved how shiny it made my hair but it did cause lots of build up and every time I went to a salon to get my haircut they would scold me for using it. I guess it is pretty notorious for being bad for your hair. I would end up having to use a clarifying shampoo every other week or so to remove some of the buildup. I now use Arbonne shampoo with tea tree oil and Arbonne conditioner and I love it. I also used to have oily hair but the ends would dry out and split so I would super condition the ends but could never put conditioner on my scalp. The Arbonne shampoo has really corrected my hair problems and now I can use conditioner over my whole head.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 8:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• As a stylists i can tell you DONT, PLEASE DONT use pantene, its coats up on your hair and gives your hair a nasty smell! If you dont believe me ask your stylist she will tell you the same thing! I also had a horrible experience with pantene myself, it had coated up so much on my hair that i had huge flakes on the back of my head and didnt notice til some guy asked what that was in my hair! I was mortified. You could use something from the Sexy Hair line, or go to your stylist or local beauty supply store and ask someone there what is best for your hair! Professional products are the way to go, sure they are pricier but thhey last longer then the stuff from the stores, also you can have someone show you what would be best for your hair type and texture. Good luck to you!
    amber91580

Answer by amber91580 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I have sworn by Pantene for years. I don't use a lot of other products on my hair (gel, mousse etc) so I really don't have a problem with build-up. I was actually thinking about trying that one myself. I have fairly long (Just below my shoulder blades) but it's very fine, but I have a lot of hair. which means it doesn't do a lot as far as holding styles! So long and straight for me
    tazzeetwins

Answer by tazzeetwins at 8:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I'm not a fan of Pantene. I use Paul Mitchell and it DOES make a big difference.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Love it. But just like with deoderants you are supposed to alternate your favorite brand with a second favorite. This keeps the build up down. I use pantene until the bottles are empty and then use sunsilk (awesome stuff) and then back to pantene.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I am a hair stylist or was before I became a stay at home mom, and ladies Pantene is the worst for your hair. Pantene puts a waxy residue on your hair therefore making it look shiny and healthy, but after a while of using it just like a waxy candle it will start to break from the bottom and work it's way up, when you get off of pantene you need to have a clarifying treatment to get rid of all the wax. I would suggest Matrix amplify it smells terific ALL day and it gives you body and no oilyness.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• lots of hair dressers will tell you not to use it, but it worked a miracle on my daughters hair. we had tried biologe, paul mitchell and a few others and nothign got it smooth and silky until pantene. i use it and i have hair like that girl on the commercial. my hair is down past my bra and its light, lively and grows about an inch a month. you should use a bottle of pantene and then a bottle of liek suave or something if you think you are getting build up but i have never had any problems wiht it at all. and it makes your hair smell great. that stinky hair thing...not one single day in 10 years.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2008