Why do people feel the need to air out other peoples dirty laundry?

Does it make them feel better or something?? I don't go around airing out all the dirty laundry that i know so what makes it okay for other people to do so??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• people like drama so the more awful things you have to say, the more people listen. Or they want to feel better about themselves
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 10:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Hmm. I don't know. I wish someone would come and air out all my dirty laundry. Hubby won't do it. LOL jk...
    Anonymous

• well, i have had that happen to me , but i did it back.... didnt make me feel bad because she threatened the life of my unborn child.
    Anonymous

• My family is a bunch of gossipers. I got to hear about my cousins festering STD not too long ago. Oh and they're good...they sit around talking shit about people but cover it with "I'm concerned for her health". When they started telling me I said "No, if she wanted me to know what is happening in her panties, she would tell me" I got "I can't believe you're not one bit concerned about your cousins health!" Sickening!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Because they are pathetic drama-lovers with no life of their own?
    (we have several of these in my family, I avoid them like the plague!)
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I just wish someone would come WASH my dirty laundry.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My mom does it to me ALL THE TIME.

She does it to make her faults seem less...faulty. lmao.

But yeah, she thinks if she talks about how "horrible" I am, then the "horrible" things she does won't seem so "horrible" anymore.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Hilarious, munch12502!! ME,too!! Hey y'all, why do ya think The Jerry Springer and Maury Povich shows get such high ratings and are still on the air in most states? People love drama, and it sells! it's not funny when it's you or your life people are gossiping about, but people can't help wanting to peek in on other peoples' troubles, esp, if it's a stranger and caused by what is considered stupidity.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008