Im so tired of being sad all the time(need to vent) has anyone else felt like this? what did you do about it

I suffer with depression and I'm sad most of the time and I'm scared to talk with my doctor about it. I know I need some type of medication or I'm not gonna feel better. Its starting to effect me physically. I start shivering when I start to worry and I feel nauseated sleep all day it now nine and I'm moving around. And on top of every thing I found out Monday 4th of July my mother passed away. So now every 4th of July I have to be in remembrance of her. I do think she did that on purpose so she would be remembered. sorry but I need to vent I just don't know what to do sometimes don't know how I'm supposed to feel about everything

apeyhen

Asked by apeyhen at 10:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you need to talk to your dr about your problems so that he/she can help you! Sorry to hear about your mom!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• How far along are you? With your mother's passing and the emotion you have about that, there is little wonder you feel depressed. Feeling physically miserable from pregnancy does not help either. Talk to your doctor about everything that is going on now, because depression during pregnancy sets you up for a higher risk of PPD after your baby is born. You will want to be able to enjoy motherhood. There are things they can do for you pregnant or not.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i understand completely. i was sad and anxious the last few weeks when i was pregnant. i cried for no reason, and once it started it wouldn't stop. i still have days like that, and my son is a month old. i just try to remind myself that i'm awesome and strong, and can get my little family through this time, and i'll make sure we're all okay in the long run. it's helped me, but i'm still going to mention it to my dr and see what he thinks about meds. it's important to make sure you keep it in check, 'cause it can lead to thoughts of suicide or harming the baby. don't be scared to talk to your dr. it's what (s)he's there for.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 1:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2011