Bilingual Parents...

My husband's 2nd and main language is Spanish, I speak English... English is most prevalent in the home. Our daughter is 4 months. Any suggestions on a Language Neutral term for Mom and Dad... Hubby is unsure of what he wants to be called, Papi.. Daddy..

Mom2Joana

Asked by Mom2Joana at 10:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We're kind of the same, my husband is Mexican so he speaks Spanish, but also speaks English very well. I'm also bilingual. Our children call him Daddy.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• my husband is peruvian my daughter calls him daddy most of the time but occaionally calls him papa especially when talking to my mil b/c she doesn't speak english.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am sure in due time she will decide what she wants to call him!!! :) Amazing for her to learn both languages!!
    kelli.mccarty

Answer by kelli.mccarty at 12:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• We are having the same issue. My husband is from France so he speaks both French and English to our 1 year old son. I also speak French to him, but mostly English. We use both "daddy" and "papa" (which is French) so I guess at one point he will decide what he wants to call his father.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 11:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2011