What would you do?

I dont really like my moms BF. She is always asking me to come over and see her and stuff but i dont wanna be around him? I dont wanna hurt her feelings so what should I do?

Heather021287

Asked by Heather021287 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask her to come over to your house. You might have to tell her how you feel eventually. If you keep avoiding her.

Answer by louise2 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think you're going to have to be honest with her. Give her your reasons for not liking him, but be ready for her to maybe get defensive. If the two of you have a really strong bond, I'm sure she'll listen to what you have to say. Good luck.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have asked her over to my house and she just brings him here. I dont want him over here, he has been on drugs, he has 3 kids that were taken away from him by the state, his family are whackjobs, he has a mental slowness, and I think my mom could do better. I think she is just settling for some bumm loser since my stepdad passed away. I know he would want her to be happy but she could do better.
    Heather021287

Comment by Heather021287 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would only tell her why you don't like him if she asks. If she doesn't ask, let her know that you just want some mother/daughter time - whether at her house or yours. Plan something just for the two of you so he won't be inclined to tag along (or she won't bring him).
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I think you are going to have to talk to her about this. Let her know that you would prefer to visit her when the bf is not there, or ask that she not bring him with to your house. Don't talk bad about him to her, and point out all of his shortcomings, cause if she is 'in love' with him she will get defensive and stand up for him. I would just say "I really am not comfortable around him" or "I don't really care for him". Hopefully she will see for herself that he is a "loser", dump him and find someone better.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would tell her that you cherish the time you spend with her and you would like to have mom daughter time.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I WOULD GO visit her when he isnt around then talk to her about why u dont like him
    AidensMommy-09

Answer by AidensMommy-09 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011