Does anybody else have scoliosis

that's under the age of 23? I heard that's when a woman's spinal development stops and I'm in so much pain I was wondering if anybody knew of things to help it. I'm seeing a chiropractor but she wants me to come in once a week and I just can't afford to do that or massages every week.
Any other ideas?

b.inwonderland

Asked by b.inwonderland at 10:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• I work for an orthopedic thats who you need to see. One who specializes in spines and he can treat you.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My daughter had it but she had surgery to correct it when she was 16.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I do. I'm 33 now but i always had problems with my back and when i was 24 and had my dd they finally discovered it. I had back labor and It took them over an hour to place my epi b/c my scoliosis is in the part of the back they need to do the injection. then it wound up not even working they said that is common :( I have a shiatsu back massager that i use that also has heat that helps. It also helps to soak in warm water. good luck i hope you can find some relief.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 11:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'm 25 and have scolisis in my neck, the chiro helps the most but like you I can't afford to go as often as I need to. I also have arthritis in my spine and 2 herniated discs..I feel your pain.

They haven't given me any treatment options for my neck just stated that its there LOL... my chiro has suggestion but can't afford him all the time like I said. good luck.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You might want to see an osteopath, which is a doctor that is able to do manipulations and isn't as med-happy as an MD. They can be your primary care doctor, and are covered under insurance. Find one that actually does manipulations (some do, some don't). They'll have a better understanding of how to manage your back pain and ways to adapt that will reduce your pain.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm 28 but I was under 23 not that long ago I have had it since I was a teenager.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• thanks guys. massages seem to help and getting adjust helps too but I just can't afford to do it every week.
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2011