• In the Spotlight:

Work Restrictions... what would you do.

My DR put me on work restrictions. I am to work 3 hrs in morning and have a 2hr. lunch and 3 hrs. in the afternoon. Lately I have been getting anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 2hrs. but because of the end of the year coming up we have been books with appts. Tomorrow of instance I am working 8:30 to 1:30 straight through. Next Tuesday, I had to cancel my morning pts. cause I am going to constant DR. appt. they are scheduling me with 8 patients from 1:15 till 6:30 back to back. Would you say something. They just want to make sure they can get in as many patients as possible, screw the fact that I am preg. and higher risk. My DR. also said he does not want to reduce my schedule or not have me work cause if could screw up my sugar readings since I am gestational diabete. I wish as some may have seen in post last night, that I could just be done working.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Why don't you go on pregnancy disability leave? I am a case manager for FMLA and pregnancy leaves. If you are high risk, you should be eligible for a leave and be done working for now.
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 11:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You need to follow the doctor's orders. Your employer's non-compliance puts you and your baby at health risk, and the company at risk of lawsuit.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2008