I think i have an eatting disorder?

i love food but i hate to eat it takes to much time out of my day to sit down and have a meal. i often when i feel hungrary completly forget or just ont want to eat. i ate two things today and that was a sandwich and a salad, yesterday i had 6 mini corn dogs all day. im 5'8" and weight less than 110. im always getting told by my family that i need to eat and i just lie and say i do. can anyone give some advice. thanks and god bless

angeleyz375

Asked by angeleyz375 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• have you talked to your doctor about it? maybe it's not you, maybe you have problems with you thyroid? i would call the doc and make an appiontment. if this is making you feel upset then something is wrong and you need to get some tests done. i wish you the best of luck on finding the answers. please keep me posted.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• ive had my thyroid checked and dr states it fine
    angeleyz375

Comment by angeleyz375 (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• 1st of all your 1st sentence is not true. I know, I suffered from an eating disorder for many years. Food is your enemy and you need to be honest if you want to get better. It is better to focus on health and get out of the obsession of "food". It is not easy, but it is all up to you. You need lean proteins and natural food. "I am the problem and the solution". With an eating disorder the rest of the world slips away and the focus becomes the control and power of food related deprivation as well as binging and purging. If you don't, you could end up bloated and losing hair. It is NOT attractive. Start making small changes. Even if it is a teaspoon of peanut butter in the morning, start with breakfast. When you starve your body, it preserves fat. If you continue, you will lose all muscle tone and look like someone from a 3rd world country. Throw away any scale, stay away from mirrors and
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i dont own a scale cause if i did i would be weighting myself all the time
    angeleyz375

Comment by angeleyz375 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• get busy focusing on the rest of your life. What were your dreams when you were young? Write down what you like to do and follow that path. Just start making small changes. I am so sorry you are struggling with this. It is a beast that only you can tame by controling what you need to do instead of saying "it's too much work to make a meal". You don't have to have a meal. Just eat like 6 small portions per day of healthy food including lean proteins. Please feel free to PM me any time. I will do what I can to help. Ultimately it is all what you want. Do you want to waste a decade with obsessive food control or let go and actually enjoy your life? It is all up to you. Fight it and eat. Good luck. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes, with the last statement I am thinking this has been going on for awhile. You know it isn't that difficult, you just have to want it and see that there is a better way. you can actually learn to love the flavor of food again. You will also start to feel good and not be dehydrated, have headaches or have your life controlled by this obsession. I remember how long it took me to eat a single corn chip when I 1st started eating. It is so much fun to truely enjoy food, friends and life again !! If I am wrong, I apologize, if not please don't hesitate to PM me. You couldn't shock me... I have been there and back. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i get hungry but have next to no appetite. i more or less make myself eat even if i haven't cooked an actual meal.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 2:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2011