Finding a Pediatrician

I'm unsure, how do I go about finding a pediatrician for my newborn. I'm due in 3 weeks, I have picked a pediatrician I would like for my newborn, now how would I go about contacting her and what is the process. Will she come to the hospital and examine him when he is born. Or do I have to schedule a one week check up for him when we are released? I had an on-call pediatrician examine my first son and instead of them charging it to my insurance, he billed me directly because he didn't except my ins. I am in all ways trying to avoid this this go around. This may sound like a stupid ? to some, but I rather be prepared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just call the peds office
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i asked my doctor and after getting the info gave them a call and she was atthe hospital after she was born.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Call and see if they are accepting new patients. If so, ask them what the process is and if they have rights at the hospital you will be delivering at.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Call and talk to the office where you'd like your baby to be seen. Ask if they're accepting new patients and if they take your insurance. If the answer is yes to both of those, I'd recommend interviewing the pediatrician, just to make sure your ideals match up well enough that you're actually comfortable with them instead of just taking someone else's word for it. Assuming all of that works out, when the hospital asks what pediatrician you'll be going to, you tell them the one you chose, and they notify the doctor for you. Usually, your child's pediatrician will be the one to examine your baby while at the hospital, and you'll also set up a 1-week check-up at their office.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• ask you OBGYN =] thats how I found mine!
    jenna_rose

Answer by jenna_rose at 11:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• if you have the pedi picked out already, call andmake sure they accept your ins. and then explain that you want to use that dr. if they're accepting new patients.
    at the hospital they'll ask who your pedi is, and usually will make the one week check up for you
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 1:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011