Whats your favorite childhood memory?

most of mine are with my cousins, but i love the ones where we are all at my aunts house. :)

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Mine were taking walks with my family. We would take walks with the dog while my sister and I took turns being the "leader" lol
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My favorite memories are of times spent with my Dad when I was little, and when I was a teenager, time spent with my Aunt.

Dad used to take the three of us kids out walking around the neighborhood in the evening: he'd let us take turns deciding whether to go left or right or straight, then just see where we'd end up. When we got tired, he'd navigate and get us home. He also used to take us to a fountain with colored lights that I loved.

My Aunt used to have my sister and I over there every day on the holidays: we'd help feed her chickens and ducks and cows, and just hang out at her place, watching the cows or finding birds or interesting insects.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Going camping or fishing with my Dad and siblings. Or playing "Bible" with my siblings. We would wrap sheets around ourselves to try and make Greek robe looking outfits and act out Bible stories. We didn't have many toys if you couldn't tell, lol
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My dad used to read to me
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 11:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Camping with my mom and her best friend and kids. It was so much fun.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When my dad use to take my mom, brother, sister, me & a family friend with her kids to Key West, FL every summer to this resort called Top Siders it was so nice had it's private beach & pool he would buy alot of food & we would just play in the water while he did bbq, it was so much fun. Miss those days =(
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Almost all of my happy childhood memories involve my grandma. I was the oldest of my Dads kids. Sometimes I would get to go to her house w/o the little kids because it was too much for her with all of us. She was always cooking something and I always got to help. When you come from a large, poor family feeling special is hard to come by sometimes. My Grnadma V always, always took time to make me feel speicial. She died when I was 13..I've missed her every day since.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When I was little my grandparents would take all 7 of their grandkids to a local Theme Park for the day. That was always FUN. The other great memory I have is camping in my grandparent's OLD motor home (had a factory installed 8-track player) at various 1,000 Trails campgrounds.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I come from a huge Air Force family - my oldest sister is 18 years older than I - I have nephews that are 2 and 4 years younger than me so when we would have big family BBQ's, it was a huge production making sur ethere were enough cars, drivers to carry the people and food to the park! Music, food, and there was always a card game going and some kind of sports activity - softball, volleyball, badminton - something where a lot of people could play. Those were the best times to have my Dad home and all my older brothers and sisters (and their kids!) - my Mom was happy cause her man was home and all her kids were around - it was just a lot of good, clean, fun. Man, I miss those days . . .
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• playing hop scotch in the yard with my cousins.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2011