Need energy

Lately I have been so tired no matter how much sleep I get. I have 2 small children so of course that takes alot of energy. I never want to do anything anymore. Is there any kind of food I could eat for breakfast that would give me more energy? How about vitamins? Im 26 is there any certain kind I should take? Please help any information would be much appreciated.

price85

Asked by price85 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• I would first suggest going to your dr. and getting a checkup. Blood work to check your vitamin levels, thyroid etc. I have the same problem. I finally went to the dr. who suggested a sleep study because i was having headaches also. I ended up having sleep apnea. I'm petite and a healthy weight so something like that surprised me, being that the #1 risk factor and cause of SA is obesity. So your dr. could provide some insight. My apnea is mild, i don't require treatment but the fatigue still constantly lingers. Try a multi-vitamin, and maybe some extra B vitamin supplements. They are good for energy (most of those energy shot drinks contain massive amounts of B vitamins). I found exercise helps also. The last thing you wanna do is work out when your that tired, but even a brisk walk can boost your energy levels once your finished.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would say see the Dr. , it could be something as simple as a iron pill you need.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have been super tired lately as well, but I know what is causing mine. I started taking a second multivitamin (recommended dose on the bottle is 2 a day and I usually take 1) and it is helping me feel a little more energetic, I have also started working out again which is also helping with my energy. If these ideas don't sound good you may want seek out help form your doc.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am with Sarah...u simply just be anemic. Especially if u are bruising real easy, or anothr odd symptom is the urge to want to crunch on icecubes. That was my 1st symptom, the ice cubes. I have always bruised easy. But once I got on a iron pill, ice cube munching is history. GL
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Definitely talk to your doc before doing anything. Quite often fatigue is the first sign of quite a few problems, most of which have a very minor fix (iron pill, vitamin, etc).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• thanks for the comments. i dont have insurance or the money to go to the doc though. ill just try a multi vitamin and see if that works.
    price85

Comment by price85 (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011