Anonymous Shopper/Secret Shopper. Is it true that you get paid by doing this? How does it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I do this now, I pay for stuff up front and then I get reimbursed and paid a fee for the shop, I also do merchandising for the same company. Depending on where you are and how much work they have for you, you can make a lot. I've gone on "vacation" and paid for my hotel by doing shops.

I've done a variety of shops including fast food, wireless company audits(where you just go in ask question and report on the service dont buy anything), clothing stores(minimal purchase), gas station(this is an announced audit where they know who you are), hardware stores.

My merchandising I do all kinds of stuff from resets in stores, to simple counts and even audits on movies(tell which trailers were played and how many screens) and get to watch the movie for free, also an announced audit.

I work for Market Force.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• As far as I know you have to PAY for stuff upfront and then the company reimburses you once you do your survey or whatever it is.
    Anonymous

• My parents did this. You got remibused for what you had to buy and then you got paid so much per job after completing the survey. It wasn't alot of money per job though.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I did it for awhile. I called around and found my own work though. My customers were Target and Macy's. It simply is not worth the money though. It was a whole lot of work for not much money...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yes very little
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Very little, my mother in law does it on occasion, but she pays upfront and gets the money back, but occasionally it's not all of the money she spent. Also, sometimes they tell you specific things you have to get in order to have it count, so you could buy something you don't need at all and then get part of your money back, all of it or non at all...
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• there is a great listing here:  http://www.freelancebyu.com/makenbaken.htm

Answer by rkoloms at 3:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2011