Verizon question?

We went to Verizon to update our phone and decided to get the bundle. Updated the phone (everybody we know has Verizon so wtons of minutes left. Wish we could roll them over)+ got a second phone both with unlimited texting and NO internet, home phone (unlimited calling anywhere...no long distance fee) + internet but it is limited. Have had unlimited internet before so not sure how that will work out, but it was slow (dial-up). Usage is 5,000 GB or something like that. Don't get the GB thing. Do you have internet with them? How do you like it? Is it limited or unlimited? What is your usage. We just updated on 7-2 and used 1,318 GB. We are paying like $150.00 (maybe a little more) for the bundle and it is cheaper than having what we had + it will be easier paying one bill for all three instead of calling in three different places.

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 11:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Technology

• I can't imagine having limited internet. I suppose it's okay if you just look at webpages all day and never download anything. Downloading would eat up your limit really fast. Every website you visit will be subtracted from your limit.
    When my husband first moved to this house last summer he signed up with Verizon for our cable/internet. They promptly sold their cable/internet options to Frontier which was a huge PIA. They refused to send us paper bills and wouldn't send emails when our bill was due so we were always late. Their website was a joke and nothing ever worked on it. Their customer service sucked. We finally just canceled it last month and took a HUGE hit with early termination (we owe them $800 now, $500 in past due bills and $300 early termination). We now have Direct TV and Comcast internet (which we've had in 2 other cities without problems).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• We have Verizon Fios, telephone, unlimited long distance, internet, unlimited, and cable. Our bill is 162.00 after taxes etc. We're very happy, but we're finding out that Verizon is going to stop offering cable in our area. If this is so, it's back to Comcast for us. We'll keep our phones with Verizon.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Not sure I have sprint. Sorry.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• We have an iphone, sorry.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Not sure either, sorry,.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Not sure
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 4:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• We have always had good customer service with Verizon justanotherjen. I might have to check into the unlimited internet with them. We have ALWAYS had unlimited. I don't download very much at all. I visit websites. CM the most. Thanks for the reply Jen.
    horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I have had verizon for phone for about five years. I love our phone service. But I don't use them for anything else. Sounds like you got a good deal. They don't offer cable in my area. I think I could get internet through them, but I don't. I'm using AT&T for tv and internet, but my phone and cable and internet bill is double what you're paying. I'm paying for four phones, and we have unlimited internet.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Sorry I don't have Verizon
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Loreli---we don't have cable. I wish Verizon offered that too. That would be cool if it was a sweet deal. It is two cell phones with texting, home phone with free long distance to anywhere in USA and limited internet.
    horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2011