What do you do if you suspect you know who sent your computer a really bad virus?

I'm 99.9% sure I know who did it. How can I prove it legally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Technology

• ..What does that accomplish?
    Anonymous

• Even if you think you know who did it - do you think they did it intentionally? Viruses are designed to spread and be distributed on the backs of other people's email, facebook, Word files, etc. The whole point of them is once they get in a computer, they'll attach to something and spread beyond it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree with NotPanicking. I had a virus on my computer recently. It actually sent emails out to everyone on my contact list. I would've never been the wiser if my mother hadn't of told me.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yeah I think she did it intentionally. It coincided with something else she did and everything she does is intentionally. She's been jealous of me from day one. It's not the first time she's done something like this. She impersonated the FBI once to stop me from doing something that wasn't even illegal, let alone any of her business. She's also stalked my dh and tried to get him fired and put in jail.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you can do legally. You could try calling the police department to ask. You would probably need hard evidence though.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Do any of you have any nerdy comuter dhs? lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• *computer
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• lol I do, but he's not home. Have your tried google? I'm sure someone has had the same problem. Best of luck!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My DH is a computer guy, but he's not nerdy.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Hmmm I dont think there is anything you can legaly do..
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2011