I'm so hurt that she deleted me off of Facebook!

HA! Not really. But I think that was what a "friend" was trying to do. She is rather mixed up, as well as bipolar, plus she calls me her best friend and says I'm the only one who understands certain things she deals with, blah blah blah. We don't talk at all these days, mostly because I'm a very busy person and she is so self-absorbed when we do talk (no matter how many times I tell her how I feel and be honest like a good friend does), that it makes me want to keep my distance. She is a horrible friend, to say the least, yet she deleted me. Hilarious!

My question, LOL, is if a toxic person like her deleted you, how would you feel? I obviously find it amusing, and part of me does care (or I wouldn't have posted this), but it's just a funny thing to me and even funnier that she probably thinks I'm going to get all hurt over it. Anyway. Share your thoughts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Also, please check out my other question: I need as much feedback as possible. Do I look stupid?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I had that problem with an X friend. Honestly, my life is so much better without her and allthe BS. I was kinda pissed at first, but then I was relieved.
    Forget her, she will find another "best friend" just as screwed up as she is. LOL
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My mom's brother deleted me from fb. I could care less that he deleted me... he is a jerk, and he was the one who created the whole drama filled situation (re: pics of my son) that happened right before he deleted me from fb.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I had a former friend do the same thing, right after she brutally stabbed me in the back (not literally). Amazingly I bounced back from it quickly and realized that if she could just arbitrarily throw away 3 years of friendship over something petty and stupid she was never really a friend. I also realized how much she had manipulated and used me.

That was almost 6 months ago. I still have her blocked from my facebook, and I'm pretty sure she's still got me blocked. And I am happier without her.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Talk about needing closure, thats a rude awakening!
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It sounds like your friendship may have drifted apart before it came to this. I'm sure it bothers you in a way. But in a bigger way, I think you are relieved. Actually, though, the joke is on her because she thinks it really bothers you. I wouldn't worry about it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If she was annoying and self centered, good. Let her delete and block away. No more of her stupid bullcrap.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 1:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't have facebook, but if I didn't really like her, I probably wouldn't even notice.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 5:39 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I had a friendship with someone who just wasn't the kind of friend I needed anymore. I still cared for her and at times she could still be that sweet friend I remember. But I knew deep down that she was selfish in the friendship and that she had betrayed me a few times and talked about me behind my back. So I decided to let the friendship go and I feel like I have a weight lifted off of my shoulders. I know I'm a little sad only because for a long time she was a good friend but that was over 10 years ago and so I need to just let it go.
    mistykilo

Answer by mistykilo at 8:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Best that you are rid of each other.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2011