Hormones levels are low??

My friend is having a miscarriage because her hormone levels are low. My question is: What does that mean?

My poor friend has been trying to have a second child and has gotten pregnant but there was no baby there, it was just a sac and they had to remove it thru surgery. Now she is having a miscarriage due to low hormones..I feel so bad for her. This has all happened within 6 mths of each other.

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 12:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• That is very sad to hear, how far along was she?

u might get your answers from here.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 9:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• im sorry to hear that. will be praying for her
    HoPeForU

Answer by HoPeForU at 3:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Most likely progesterone. Progesterone andestrogen are vital in maintaining pregnancy. If there's not enough of either (usually progesterone) miscarriage can result. Of course low hormones is easily corrected with supplements, so when she gets pregnant again, she needs to make sure they give her the supplements preferably injections. So sorry for her loss. Especially since it probably would not be happening if they had tested her levels earlier.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011