BabiesRus layaway

So I always see it advertised that Babiesrus does layaway. My sister is pregnant and got laid off and doesn't have ANY baby stuff. So I took her tonight and I let her pick out a bunch of stuff she needed and I was going to put it on layaway for her. We had a swing, some onsies, blankets, other random stuff like that. I go to do the layaway and the man tells me that they only do big items. I was a little annoyed because we had spent two freaking hours picking out stuff. But we just decided to put the other stuff back and get the swing and a bouncy seat. So we go back to check out again, and they say no this stuff can't go on layaway! I looked at the man, and I asked "so basically the only things you can layaway are cribs and strollers??" he just shrugged shoulders and said, well kinda. Then asked me if I still wanted any of my stuff. We just left. I was so mad!! I guess next weekend we are just going to go to Sears and try again. Has anyone ever delt with babiesrus layaway? I really don';t think they should advertise it if you can't freaking put anything on it!!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dealt with them for a big item for my son and it was crap! I do and don't like that they only do big items!!! I am not sure what state you are in nor if you like Kmart but there layaway program is pretty good!
    kelli.mccarty

Answer by kelli.mccarty at 12:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You may want to check out Kmart and Sears... both have layaway and they have all the baby stuff you will need. Check them out online because you can even put the stuff on layaway from the website and get it at the store.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yea are going to Sears next week. Our closest Kmart is like an hour away but I'm on call for work and can't travel that far :(
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2011