Whats his deal?

last week my husband and I agreed that it was ok for my best friend of 14 years to stay over night tomorrow night. her kids go to their dad's over night and she hates being alone cause she has epilepsy. my husband was all for it until tonight. He says now he is uncomfortable with her sleeping with me. which previously was agreed upon in case she has a seizure. they switched her meds and she still has some bad ones since she just started new meds. normally her oldest would sleep with her when the kids are home and her kids know to call 911. her mom is out of town this weekend so she cant stay there. he acts like im going to do something with her when neither of us are that way.

just a few days ago him and i got into a fight cause he instisted on spending two hours with this girl from work, he only knew her 2 months. she was upset about her room mate and needed to talk to him alone on a walk. I told him i didnt feel comfortable with him going with some woman i never met before.
he had cheated previously with a co-worker who was just a friend. i have a reason to not trust him 100% but i let him go with that woman for 2 hours.

I just dont get it. why have a problem with my friend now? my dh and her are just as close as her and I are. maybe im missing something. he has know her 12 years, the time him and I been together. why go from being concerned about her health to not trusting us alone together? does he think that we will automatically become gay or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• As far as a girlfriend who is adjusting her meds because of a serious illness, she has a real need for a friend at this time. He is sick to think that its anything different. If my husband told me that he was going for a walk with some woman from his office because she needs someone to talk to about her roommate, I would not be too happy either. Especially since his track record is that he cheated before with a coworker. You are right and he is just dead wrong. Have your friend spend the nite as planned. You are an adult and what you are doing is a good thing. Ifs for her heath and wellbeing. Not some stupid fight between roomies that she isn't going to listen to what he says anyway.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 1:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• that just doesn't make any sense. Let your friend come over and tell DH to get over himself
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I"m sooo sorry your husband is being this way.. I have no idea what his deal is or why he's acting like that..

although.. I went to school with a girl with epilepsy. I would love to share her story with you and maybe you can pass it on to your friend..

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=80640&catid=13

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• thats really messed up of him- i would still let her come since he didnt have the decency of taking your feelings into consideration when you didnt want him alone with his coworker- i think u should have a talk with him and let him know how u feel too- some men can be so messed up sometimes
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• seems like he's using your friend's issue to mess off again, although he's your husband, pray about the friend issue and follow your first mind. and on the 2 hour walk thing-GIRLFRIEND PLEASE!!! let you try that b.s. and see how far "you" get to walk, no even down off your porch!!!
    doloriaw

Answer by doloriaw at 1:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yeah thats pretty messed up and selfish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• it may be something she'd be interested in looking into for the future for herself.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• 2 hour walk with a girl??
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 4:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• xxhazeldovexx

thanks for the link :) it might be something for her to look into. im sure she wont want to have any more surgeries of any kind for awhile. she has to have another one done in a couple weeks to fix a hernia. it will be her 3rd surgery for this. she had problems ever since her last child. my friend is 4 ft 10 and her last child weighed 12 lbs when he was born. had to do a c- section.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• HE has something to hide.

I would bet my bottom dollar !!!!

Let her stay, Do what a TRUE friend would do.....If he can not handle it...

He can go to bed or leave.....
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2011