This is a 2 for one question adult content

I have been breastfeeding for 2 yrs now and I am trying to wean my son now- my first question is- (because of the breastfeeding I haven't gotten my period since I gave birth) but 2 weeks ago I had what i think might be my period, i woke up in the morning and when i got up to get breakfast going i felt a little gush so i went to the bathroom and it was a reddish fluid so figured it was my period, throughout the day it started to turn brownish and by the end of the day it stopped, the same thing happened the next day except instead of it being watery red it was watery pink, and turned brown then went away and the third day it happened again, after that there was no sign of it. is this normal? im not sure because this was my first time bfing out of all of my kids.
my second question is- even though i have been weaning my son from his day feedings there are times when he wants his "night night mulk" lol thats what he calls it and how he pronounces it- anyways, i want to wean him completely- my other kids were formula fed and when i wanted to wean them from their bottles all i had to do was throw the bottles away and buy cups but i obviously cant throw my boobs away so i have no clue how to do this without duct taping my boobs so he cant pop one out when he wants lol any tips? thanks!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I can't help you, but I had to let you know that I giggled at the thought of some woman throwing her boobs in the garbage.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• lol!!!
    lovelyli217

Comment by lovelyli217 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I nursed my oldest son until 2 and I started weaning him about 3 months prior and cut down a little at at time. I was pregnant with my second son so that helped. It's hard to wean them but I was ready to be done and felt bad that he wasn't but he did fine! Just explain to him the plan and that helps! Lucky you for not having a period while nursing! I have exclusively nursed two babies ad with my first got my period when he was 4 mos old and with this one I got it when he was 10 mos old. I got pregnant while nursing my first when he was 19 mos old so I suggest taking a pregnancy test. I bled during both my pregnancy so you never know what the cause is. Good luck!
    LuLuMom6

Answer by LuLuMom6 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• in answer to the second part- try putting some breast milk in a sippy cup for the night milk(at least for awhile), and no idea on the first part, cause i had my period even though i breastfeed my youngest
    doloriaw

Answer by doloriaw at 1:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• the only problem with sippy cups is that for some reason pumping just doest work for me- i tried and it didnt take lol but i do give him cows milk in a cup and he takes it but when he wants it from the tap he refuses everything!
    lovelyli217

Comment by lovelyli217 (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Are you wanting to do this swiftly or gradually?

The night weaning tends to be most challenging.
    And the older they are the more aware they are that they are being denied.

I don't wean my babies, so I haven't gone through this, but I have read about it.
    It seems pretty effective to involve others in the child's care around those "vulnerable" times (like dad puts child to bed/nap).
    And when mom is there, "don't offer, don't refuse" eases the transition gradually...

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• ahhh i like that maybe ill give that a try! im desperate!
    lovelyli217

Comment by lovelyli217 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2011