help

me and mt boyfriend live togather and have for almost a year. were both 18 and im due in 29 days with our frist son. he works monday - friday and on the weekend every weekend that i can remeber his newphews have stay the whole weekend there 9 and 6. i dont mind them staying the weekend ( there dad is in jail) the problem is they dont listen to me at all. i'll tell them to pick up there toys or plates and they look at me like im stupid and tell me to do it my self. & some times i just want to spend time with him while we have the chance to b4 the baby gets here. ieve told my bf about the kids but he dont really listen to me . what can i say or do to get him to listen or help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• One. Make HIM take care of them and he will see. Two. Take my advice with #1. lol.
    Why do you have to watch them?
    Anonymous

• Do they live with their Mother/other Guardian during the week? 

If so you should speak to them and let them know that having their children come over every weekend to spend time with their Uncle is fine, let them know you enjoy the company and pre-training before you become a Mom....BUT also let them know that they are misbehaving and not listening to you and if they want to keep these weekend visits on the frequent, they need to train them at home on how to act, so they will know how to act outside the home and inside other people's homes. If you do not feel comfortable talking to them, tell your boyfriend to do it.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• ieve time i talk to them there like this ant ur house u dont pay the bills. the 6 yr old ant that bad but every time i say something bout the babt he acts up. i know his goonna b jelouse but i dont think i can hadle it all
    Anonymous

• Who says this aint your house, you don't pay the bills.

I hope its not one of the kids talking like that to you

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Learn to set some boundaries. Get on their level look them in the eyes the next time it happens and say in a loud and firm voice (not screaming think booming) "YOUNG MAN I will NOT tolerate that behavior or tone, if you dont do_ I am going to _" (ie if you dont pick up your dishes I am going to put you in time out.) Once you say you are going to do something stick to it. Its a boundary test. They probably sense you are unsure. Just remain calm and consistent.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 11:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• you should watch the super nanny and get some parenting tips from books. you need to get your bf to stick to rules and set some up and follow through always.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008